Stronachie, one of the legendary names in the archive of vanished distilleries, lives on with this Highland Single Malt.
Decades after the Stronachie Distillery closed, we acquired a bottle of original 1904 Stronachie at an auction… one of only four bottles left in existence. A small sample of whisky was drawn from this bottle, tasted and compared to samples from other Highland malt whiskies.
We revived the delicate style, character and flavour of Stronachie by using spirit from Benrinnes Distillery. Like the original, Benrinnes is located in a remote, high altitude wilderness. The new make spirit is matured in ex-bourbon or sherry casks before bottling in small batches as 10 year old Stronachie Single Malt.
Get your tongue around this…
Stronachie is pronounced Stron-a-key. In Gaelic, the name means ‘prominent nose’ or ‘headland in the valley’.
Stronachie 10 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Stronachie 10 Year Old has been matured exclusively in bourbon casks, creating a perfectly balanced and seductive dram.
700ml / 43% Alc./Vol.
- Straw gold.
- Soft honey, earthy heather and malty sweetness.
- Smooth with luscious honey and biscuits, then lingering pepper and cereal notes.
- A perfectly balanced and seductive dram.
Stronachie 10 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky - Sherry Edition
This limited edition 10 Year Old Stronachie has been finished in Sherry Casks for another layer of complexity.
700ml / 46% Alc./Vol.
- Andalusian Sunset
- Cinnamon sticks, clove-studded orange and rich, moist Christmas cake.
- Crispy pork crackling, white truffle, toffee apple and raisins.
- Hazelnuts and almond, dried apricot, cranberry and a sprinkle of nutmeg.